NON-IMMIGRANT VISA "O-A" (LONG STAY) - visa for retired persons
This type of visa will be issued to applicants aged 50 years or above. Holders of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for one year and may not work while staying in Thailand.
- I. QUALIFICATION OF THE APPLICANT
- A foreign national whose age is 50 years or above (on the date of submitting the application).
- Not being prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (A.D.1979).
- Having no criminal record against the security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.
- Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted.
- Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535).
- Not allowed to work in Thailand.
II. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR VISA APPLICATION
- A passport with validity not less than 18 months
- Three copies of visa application form duty filled out.
- Three passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within
the past six months.
- A personal data form
- A copy of bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthy income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.
- In case of the bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is to be shown as well.
- Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from the country of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic/consular mission).
- A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic/consular mission).
- In case that the applicant wishes to have his/her spouse stay together in the Kingdom but the spouse is not qualified for the “O-A” visa, their marriage certificate shall also be produced as evidence and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic/consular mission. (The spouse will be considered for temporary stay under category “O”).